My aberrant thoughts

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Anju

Rahul's phone is ringing ... an unknown number ... gives it to him
Rahul : "its Anjana ... "
Anjana : " hari .. my marriage is fixed. its on december 30th .. u will come rite ?"

Ohh no . I have promised to go to see my sister that day . what should I say ? . I was virtually shocked .

Me: " when is the marriage ?"
she: " May 12th ... "
Me : " whats the guy doing ?"
she: " He is working as a manager in sweeden .. done his MBA in edinbrough ... studied in Vineeta's college. ... Hari u will come rite ? .. u cannot come for my marriage ... so u hav to come"

I was in two minds ... was happy that she is getting married, I know she was sad abt not getting married, though she was not showing it ... and was sad that she will be leaving us

I finished the call saying that I will try ... I was in my uncle's place and while travelling from there to home, I was thinking about what should I do . I won't get a chance to see that guy in near future if I don't go now . I was also thinking about the fact that I will miss her after her marriage . Was she that dear friend of mine ?



there was a time when I used to think there will never be a girl who will be a close friend of mine. doesn't mean I don't hav girls as friends . she is one of those few friends who tried hard to understand me and was succesful too ... infact she was too good that she could read my mind. Infact she knows too many secrets ( which a dangerous thing ... :) ) ...

Infact through out my entire tenure in IBM , she was one of the persons whom I discuss all my personal problems and she used tell that she was the Agony aunt ... she knows me inside out , better than my mother .. which speaks volume for the kind of relationship we have ...

we would have been brother and sister in the previous life , I am sure .. thats y we have such intimacy without blood relationship ... Will dearly miss u anju .. don't clearly remember the last time I called u like that .. Thanks a lot for all the good moments u gave me as a nice friend and a sister ..

Ps: Syla aunty used to say u shouldn't say thanks between sisiters and brothers ... so u can discard the thanks ... he he

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home